Bend sits nestled between the peaks of the Cascade Mountains and the high desert with lakes, multi-use trails, and rivers to float, in the center of the state of Oregon. Bend is a town of about 100,000 people and has so much to offer. With Mt. Bachelor ski resort just 30 minutes from town and the Deschutes River running right though downtown, Bend is surrounded by nature’s playground. No matter the season, there is always something to do here in the high desert, including hiking up an extinct volcano or exploring caves, lava tubes, shopping at many small boutiques downtown or grabbing a pint at one of many local breweries.
Located about 3.5 hours from Portland and a quick direct flight from LA or Seattle, Bend is the perfect place for your destination wedding. Here is a list of my favorite wedding venues in Bend.
Wedding Venues in Bend, Oregon.
1.Black Butte Ranch – Gorgeous sweeping views of mountains, horses, and aspen groves just outside Sisters, Oregon.
2. Tetherow – On the edge of the forest, minutes away from the action in town.
3. Brasada Ranch – Stunning views of the Cascades, splendid natural beauty and that iconic bridge.
4. Ranch at the Canyons – One of the most coveted, private wedding venues hidden away near Smith Rock Park. Weddings can be held at The Stables or Old Winery Clubhouse.
5. Five Pines Lodge & Spa – Intimate, unique and romantic lodge, located in Sisters, Oregon.
6. Pronghorn Resort – Spectacular views of the High Desert landscape. Magical venue with ghost trees and 80,000 lava tube which is the perfect location for an intimate wedding.
7. Sunriver Resort – Located just outside of Bend, great for the outdoor enthusiasts.
8. Loloma Lodge – This spot is magical. Ferns, A-frame or mid-century cabin lodging, tucked away near the Mckenzie River. I am dying to photograph a wedding or elopement here.
Looking for a more budget-friendly location or something that doesn’t have the resort vibe? Plenty of awesome locations to choose from.
Budget – Friendly Locations in Bend, Oregon.
1. Smith Rock State Park – Another fantastic, beautiful backdrop to say your “I do’s”.
2. White Aspen Creative – Ran by a local photographer and creative, this space is ideal for intimate weddings and can be customized to make your vision come to life. A modern take on that “little white chapel” vibe.
White Aspen Creative is located at Widgi Creek Golf Course. Great outdoor locations for portraits.
3. Hollinshead Park – Ran by Bend Parks and Rec. A lovely spot, particularly in spring and fall when the trees are colorful.
4. Aspen Hall – Cute homestead looking house, also ran by Bend Parks and Rec, near Shevlin Park.
Couple standing on dock at Black Butte Ranch, just outside Sisters, Oregon.